Nanaimo GoByBike Fall 2020
Hello Nanaimo Cyclists!
It’s almost that time of year again – Fall GoByBike Week, which runs from September 28-October 4th. As the Spring GoByBike event was cancelled this year, we have even more reason to look forward to getting into the saddle this fall!
*Registration is now open*
GoByBike week will be scaled back this year – but still lots of fun
Here are a few key changes:
- There will be no celebration stations this year. Instead, we are launching the Pedal to Places Challenge – and we need your help to make it a success! Check out the events on the Nanaimo GoByBike website for more info on how you, your organization, or business can be part of this fun challenge.
- IMPORTANT! GoByBikeBC has a new and improved website this year. This means that all teams/ participants must register – even if you had an account last year.
- Usually GoByBikeBC only counts “transportation” trips (e.g. biking to work), but this year recreational rides count too! That means you can log your lunch time cycling break or your family mountain biking excursion
Things that are staying the same:
- You can still register as a team, or as an individual rider. Team Leaders, this is your cue to work your magic and rally your team mates!
- There are still PRIZES! Stay tuned to the website for prize details closer to the event. (*Prize donations are welcome*)
- It is still a great opportunity to get riding in Nanaimo, connect with other cyclists, brush up on safe cycling tips, and have fun
On a final note, I wanted to say that I know many people have been involved in GoByBike and Bike To Work Week over the years, and I am a new person on the scene. I would love to connect with anyone interested in being part of event planning to see how we can work together on a bigger and better Spring event for 2021! Please shoot me an email any time.
Nanaimo GoByBike 2020 Community Coordinator