Thank you for supporting GoByBike BC Society and Bike to Work & School Week in British Columbia!
GoByBike BC Society (formerly Bike to Work BC Society) is a registered non-profit society that exists to secure and share resources to communities across BC to help them deliver successful events that encourage people to use bicycles for everyday transportation. All of our activities are possible thanks to the generosity of funders such as the Province of BC, Corporate Sponsors, and through donations from people like you!
YOUR DONATIONS ARE NEEDED!
Any and all donation amounts are gratefully received and collectively add up to make a BIG difference. Our goal is to help people experience the joy of using a bike for transportation! We do this by organizing provincial encouragement campaigns that motivate people to try GoingByBike. Once people try GoingByBike, many discover that it is enjoyable, and they continue to GoByBike regularly. This habitual change brings physical and mental health benefits, improves people’s quality of life, and also helps lower greenhouse gases as people begin to rely less on motorized vehicles to get around and more on their bicycles. We’ve collected hundreds of stories from people about how GoByBike programs have helped change their lives, read them here.
You can make a one-time or monthly donation by choosing an amount below, or choosing to donate “Other Amount”. You can cancel monthly donations at anytime through PayPal or via contacting us.
Companies, Granting Bodies, Foundations and other Organizations:
- Sponsorship Opportunities: If you are a company or other organization contact us to ask about sponsorship opportunities! We have a wide array of sponsor benefits throughout the Province. Sponsors receive a sponsorship invoice.
- Donate: If your organization has a charitable giving department you can donate directly online or contact us about other ways to make a corporate gift!
- Granting bodies and foundations: Please contact us if you want to help individuals and communities experience the joy of going by bike and help create improved health, environmental impact, and alternate commuting and transportation options.
Please contact Terri-lynn Gifford at email@example.com
Where your money goes:
- Website and registration system which is a vital component of our events
- Grants for communities and regions to assist with start-up, and running their events
- Support and training for regional coordinators, team leaders and individuals
- Technical support for individuals and team leaders registering and reporting results on the website
- Outreach to encourage new community participation
- Resources for use by regions such as poster and t-shirt templates, assistance with local fundraising and how-to-guides/training for putting on a successful Bike to Work Week and GoByBike Weeks events
- Insurance (third party liability) for communities requiring it
- Program development
** BC Registered Society number: S53983
We regret we are unable to issue personal tax receipts at this time as though we are a registered not for profit society, we are not registered as a charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency.