Register for FREE Online Cycling Education Courses to get ready for GoByBike Weeks
StreetWise Cycling Online helps beginner riders [adult and youth ages 12+] gain the knowledge and skills needed to start their cycling journeys with confidence. This is an interactive course, brought to you by HUB Cycling and GoByBike BC Society, that covers:
- Essential and helpful gear
- Pre-ride ABC Quick Checks
- Route planning
- Rights & responsibilities as a person biking
- Riding on the road and navigating intersections
- Other helpful resources, and more!
The course can be accessed at any time, from any computer or device with an internet connection. It’s estimated that it will take you approximately 1-2 hours to complete, which can be broken up into several sessions. You are also welcome to complete only those sections of interest.
BC residents are invited to register themselves for StreetWise Cycling Online. Here’s how to register:
- Create a FREE Cycling Education Account: CLICK HERE
- Choose a username and then enter your first and last name, email address, and the city or municipality you live in. We recommend using your email as a username but you can also choose another username. It can only contain alphanumeric lowercase characters (letters and numbers), underscore (_), hyphen (-), period (.) or at symbol (@).
- Check your email inbox and confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email (check your Spam/Junk folder for this confirmation email!). This will take your dashboard where you can enrol yourself in StreetWise Cycling Online.
- Complete all or parts of the course, earn badges, and a certificate.
- LOGIN anytime to work on the course: https://education.bikehub.ca/
- Course displays best in Chrome or Safari browser on a computer or tablet (iPad etc).
- Your progress is tracked if you leave the course and log back in later.
Those interested in enrolling a group of people or workplace, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.