EXTENDED until Wednesday, June 15! – Log Your Bike Rides By Monday, June 13, 2022 To Win Great Prizes! How To: Backlog Your Rides
Thank you to everyone who joined us for a ride – or two, or more… – during Spring GoByBike Week 2022! Thank you to all supporters, coordinators, sponsors, and volunteers!
If you haven’t logged all your kilometers, you have until midnight Monday, June 13, to record all your trips in your GoByBike account. Those of you who have connected your Strava account: sometimes it takes a little for those rides to be pushed through to your GoByBike account.
#AnyRideCounts: to and from work or school, to get groceries, to get some fresh air or meet up for a coffee with friends, trail rides, pump track laps, recreational rides to explore your region. Taking the bus part way, carpooling or driving yourself to where your bike ride starts also counts. Please log ALL your bike rides! Tell your friends to log ALL their rides!
WHY ARE WE ASKING YOU TO LOG ALL YOUR RIDES?
Your logged rides are important because they help us show local and provincial decision-makers the importance of bike friendly roads and routes; the need for facilities such as bike racks or lockers; and the benefits of cycling education. This helps us (GBBBC) and communities in BC to get funding allocated to cycling. Help us build a happier, healthier, and more connected community. Bicycles are for everyone.
The more rides logged = the more funding to keep our programs running
Did you #gobybike during May 30 and June 5, 2022 but didn’t register for Spring GoBybike Week? You can still register HERE and [back]log your bike rides once registered. This enters you into the draw for the Provincial Prizes, including the Grand Prize: A Self-Guided Cycling Adventure for 2 in The Netherlands sponsored by Exodus Travels.
Make sure you also enter the draw for the Grand Prize on the Exodus Travels website HERE!
How Do I Backlog My Rides?
- Click “Log My Ride.”
- Change the date to backlog the ride. Click the calendar icon beside the date, and use the calendar to find the date you want to log the ride for.
- Enter the nature of the bike ride, for example “for fun.” or “to the bank.” or “to school,” etc…
- Enter the kilometers biked.
How Do I Backlog Rides For My Teammates?
- In the Team section, click Log Team KM.
- Bulk-Log Kilometers: Enter teammates’ kilometers in the table. You can select individual riders or “all”. See screenshot below.
- Multi-Rider Mode: Lets you enter the same trip for all members of your team at once. You can edit or delete individual rides once you click “apply”. See screenshots below in the next section.
- Make sure to choose the right date in “Week Range” when you are logging kilometers from the past.
New: Logging Rides for a Large Team in Multi-Rider Mode
As an Elementary School Team Leader or a Team Leader of a LARGE TEAM (class, grade, etc) you can easily log the entire team’s rides/ kilometers for the week in the Multi-Rider Mode. You can edit or delete individual rides once you click “apply”. Make sure to choose the right date in “Week Range” when you are logging kilometers from the past. See screenshots below.
IMPORTANT: If your team was not registered as part of an “Organization,” this feature will not be available. (An organization may be a company, school district, or other large group; e.g. “Ministry of Transportation” or “Spokey Bike Shop”). If you need your team linked to your “Organization,” email email@example.com with 1) Team Name and 2) Organization Name.
Need help? Send an email to support@gobybikebc,ca including your email address, community, a description of your problem as detailed as possible (device, browser, mobile or desktop, which steps you have taken, what you have tried, what you expected to happen, etc.). Screenshots are also helpful.
- $250 E-Gift Card from Sugoi – tell us WHY you like participating in #GoByBikeBC events in a short video to be entered into the draw for this prize.
- Axiom Cycling Gear – Registered participants logging at least one trip enter for a chance to win one of the following bags sponsored by AXIOM CYCLING GEAR: P9 Trunk Bag, P4 Handlebar Bag, P25 Pannier Twinset or a set of Waterproof Monsoon 32+ Panniers.
- MEC Prize Packs – Registered participants logging at least one trip enter for a chance to win one of the following prizes donated by MEC – Mountain Equipment Company: $150 MEC Gift card, MEC Sky way helmet, MEC front & rear bike lights, MEC Apex floor pump, MEC water bottle. OBS: Registered TEAMS who save at least 2 kilograms of greenhouse gases during Spring GoByBike Week will receive a promo code for 30% off bike lights at MEC.
- “Let’s Go Biking” e-book – Registered participants logging at least one trip can win one of three LET’S GO BIKING e-books donated by Colleen MacDonald. To be entered into the draw and in addition to riding your bike during SpringGoByBike Week, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your bike (or the view when riding your bike) and a short description of your favourite ride and why it’s your favourite. #AnyRideCounts!
- $25 E-Gift Card for Outway – Registered participants logging at least one trip can win a $25 E-Gift Card for OUTWAY.COM. Registered participants also receive 15% off storewide at OUTWAY.COM donated by Outway. Make sure to allow us to send you emails in your account settings so you don’t miss the promo code sent out in one of our eNews.
- “Panorama Fun Package” – Registered participants logging at least one trip can win a 2-night stay at the Horsethief Getaway in Panorama, BC, donated by KEA Canada together with 2 day passes for the Panorama Mountain Resort bike park donated by Panorama Mountain Resort.
- $100 E-Gift Card donated by OneUp Components – Registered participants logging at least one trip can win a $100 E-Gift Card for OneUpComponents.com donated by OneUp Components.
- Ortlieb Vario PS donated by NRG/Lanctot – #SpringGoByBikeBC Social Media Contest Alert on FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM. Make sure to read the rules carefully for a chance to win the ORTLIEB VARIO PS donated by NRG Enterprises / Lanctot.
- 7MESH Prize Packs – Registered participants logging at least one trip enter for a chance to win one of the following combos from 7MESH: a Elevate Shirt (w/m) & Trailside Hat or a Sight Shirt (w/m) & Water Bottle. OBS: First dibs for all STRAVA TAKEOVER participants.
- GRAND PRIZE “Self-Guided Cycling Adventure for 2 in The Netherlands sponsored by Exodus Travels – How to enter into the draw for the Spring GoByBike Week Grand Prize: 1. Register for Spring GoByBike Week. 2. Log at least one bike ride during May 30 – June 5, 2022 – ANY bike ride counts. Getting around on smaller wheels like scooters and rollerblades counts, too! ..taking the bus part way, or carpooling halfway, or using a car for a portion of a long commute, as well. 3. Enter the Exodus prize draw here: Win the “Pearls of Holland” Cycling Adventure | Exodus (exodustravels.com) Prize winner must be 19 years of age or older. Prize package does not include round trip airfare.
- … and more.