The virtual 20th anniversary tour of Bicycle Film Festival comes to Vancouver, July 30 – August 29, 2021.
Bicycle Film Festival Select Shorts appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everything in between.
The curated collection of select short films will take you on a journey around the world, covering such topics as:
- The first BMX crew in Nigeria
- The struggle of a young woman and her bike in Iran
- A father (actor, Timothy Spall) copes with the loss of his son through cycling
- Cycle sport as relief from genocide
- The Zenga family bring their eccentric creativity to the streets, traveling and living on tall bikes
- A bird’s-eye view of a BLM bicycle protest ride from New York to DC
- The story of Julian Molina, the beloved, full-throttle one-legged cyclist
- New York City through the lens of female bike messengers
- A charismatic Ghanaian immigrant in Amsterdam who teaches refugee adult women to ride bikes
- and more!
A ticket allows you to view the 90-minute short film format from July 30 at 6:00PM PDT through August 29 at 11:59PM PDT streamed to your computer, tablet, or smart TV by simply clicking on the link provided by email 15 minutes before the opening date and time.
Ticket prices are “sliding scale” $10, $15, $20 so all ticket prices entitle you to the same content. You may view the Festival in one sitting, or as you will, from the comfort and safety of your home.
Bicycle Film Festival has been celebrating bicycles through art, film, and music the last 20 years.
The physical BFF spanned the world in over 90 cities worldwide to an audience of over one million people. The festival has an incredible history of working with the most important artists, filmmakers, venues, and institutions around the world.