What we are doing:
We anticipate most community events will be largely virtual, with online registration and reporting, with little or no face to face activities. However we recognize there may be Celebration Stations or other face to face experiences in some communities.
The gathering together of people indoors or outdoors for the purpose of attending an event can promote the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and increase the number of people who develop COVID-19; GobyBike BC Society does not assume responsibility for individuals who may become infected through participating in GobyBike 2021 activities.
GobyBike BC is communicating our expectations to all local organizers (coordinators) of GoByBike events in their regions
- Expectations for local GoByBike organizers include:
- Follow Provincial Health Officer COVID-19 orders and protocols as well as local municipal protocols
- Particularly, keep people at a distance of 2 metres or 6 feet from each other.
- Provide mechanisms such as signage, trained volunteers and if needed physical barriers to ensure safe social distancing
- Provide enough space to allow people to be 2 metres/6 feet from each other
- Provide hand sanitizer at Celebration Stations or other such events
- Train all your volunteers in COVID-19 protocols
- Encourage participants to wear masks where they cannot distance by 2 metres/6 feet
Guidelines and Resources:
- Provincial Health officer – Gatherings and Events – March 31, 2021 (PDF, 226KB)
- BC Centre for Disease Control – http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19