GoByBike BC Society is seeking a visionary leader
to assist in envisioning a future in which as many people as possible experience the joy of using bicycles for everyday transportation!
Executive Director – Short Description of Desired Skillset
- You are a strategic thinker and planner, ready to work with our board of directors to develop annual operations plans, including annual goals and priorities, and longer-range strategic plans, within the mission and vision of the society.
- You can oversee HR needs of the society, hiring and supervising employees or contractors as needed.
- You have ideas and strategies that will help GoByBike BC diversify and increase its revenue sources towards its goal of sustainable financial management.
- You have strong program management skills and will manage critical programs as agreed to with the board of directors. One key example of this is overseeing our website management, together with our 3rd party web service provider, to ensure we have a robust website that draws participants to register for various GoByBike BC events and can handle peak demand.
- In cooperation with our bookkeeper and treasurer, you will provide leadership to financial administration of the society and are skilled in utilizing digital (online) technologies to improve efficiencies.
- Working with the board, you will provide leadership in annual budgeting exercises and will be accountable for ensuring GoByBike BC operates within its budget.
- You work well with a strong and committed board of directors and will be the key personnel contact to the board. Working with the secretary, you will be responsible for board correspondence, planning of board meetings, and supporting a viable, well-defined governance structure.
- You will frequently be ‘the face’ of the organization, responsible for representing GBBBC and enhancing our strong relationships with key partners such as the Province of BC, other cycling organizations, local governments, and other funders.
- You will be an enthusiastic promoter of the GoByBike BC Society and its various events through available channels, including social media and earned media, within budget and time constraints.